Everyone wants their wedding day to be their best day of their life. Walking down the aisle, surrounded by your family and friends, into the arms of someone with whom you are going to spend your entire life. The only thought you have at that time is, my partner should be the best among all with whom I can live happily forever.
On an anonymous secret sharing site, Whisper people have shared their thoughts on arranged marriage and it is quite eye-opening.
Checkout these brutally honest confessions about arranged marriages:
1. I’m a 23 year old guy. My parents want me to have an arranged marriage. I’ve never been in a relationship before and I want to fall in love. But I don’t want to betray my parents either! I don’t know what to do.
2. I want to meet someone and get to know him, fall in love and marry him. I hate that my parents think arranged marriage is the only way.
3. Arranged marriage is in my culture. Everyone I know including my parents have had an arranged marriage, but I can’t help but want to fall in love.
4. Even though it’s arranged. I am so in love with my fiance, I just hope the feeling is mutual.
5. I have no respect what my fiance has to say at all. It saddens me that I’ll be marrying him. Arranged marriage sucks.
6. I need a best friend for a wife, not an arranged marriage by my parents.
7. Today I met a girl as an arranged marriage setting that I surprisingly like. I want to see more of her, I think I might just like what’s coming my way.
8. Relationship in India: get arranged married because of tradition. Or get arranged married because you’re too busy for finding someone.
9. My parents had an arranged marriage. They fight all the bloody time. It’s been 25 years and that hasn’t changed. My greatest fear is that I’m destined to have a married life like them and it scares me.
10. Its been more than 9 months to my arranged marriage. I still haven’t fallen in love with her. And I’m worried about it.
11. I’m getting an arranged marriage and I might be marrying my family friend. It’s so awkward yet exciting because when I was young I would’ve never thought he would be my future husband.
12. It was an arranged marriage, I want a life with love he’s not a bad person but I can’t stand it anyone I want to leave him but my family will hate me for it.
13. My arranged marriage would be 110% better if I were physically attracted to him. I don’t know what to do.
14. I think arranged marriage is a social evil.
15. As an arranged marriage prospect, my parents wanted me to meet a guy who can’t even speak English. When I said no, they accused me of having sky high expectations.
16. People say sex before marriage is a sin! How ironical is it, that they don’t allow sex in love but can throw you to have sex with a total stranger in an arrange marriage.
17. All these Indian guys who are mommy’s babies, don’t have relationship with girls and then go get arranged marriage and spoil other Indian guys names too.
18. I think arranged marriages should be banned in every culture and country.
19. We enter an arranged marriage together. Despite not knowing each other, we try to make it work. It’s our wedding night and decide to talk about what we want in life and in our new marriage.
20. I’m doctor, 28 year old from a conservative Muslim family and stuck in an arranged marriage. She is a nice caring girl but I don’t love her. Don’t know how long can I fake it. Should have not said yes.
21. I feel like I’ll never have a girlfriend and would most probably be having an arranged marriage.
22. I had an arranged marriage. Me and my wife hate each other. We agreed to have affairs and be with our significant others while married. We can’t separate because of fucking tradition.
23. I need a best friend for a wife. Not an arranged marriage by my parents.
24. Arranged marriage abusive husband, not being able to leave. Where you are born plays a huge role in your future.
25. Sometimes you are forced to get married without your will. And it ruins marriage too.
26. I am from India and I am going to be having an “arranged marriage” soon. My parents selected this well settled guy for me and though he seems really nice, I sometimes feel I am so out of his league.
27. I visited a girl yesterday first time for arranged marriage and today I’m in love with with her, I’m feeling terrific.
28. I was having an arranged marriage and due to some reason my family decided to call it off! I am secretly ecstatic, thrilled and can’t stop grinning. I never really liked the guy to begin with!
29. I have lost the hope to find someone. I guess I will just have to settle with arranged marriage.
30. I’m not afraid of marriage or relationships but, arranged marriages terrify me.
31. So I’ve accepted the fact that I’m getting an arranged marriage. Dare I say it’s a little exciting too?
32. I’m afraid I’ll never meet “the one” because I’m too busy with my daily life to actually go out and meet people. I don’t want an arranged marriage, but I’m definitely headed for one.
33. My parents are setting up an arranged marriage for me into a religious Muslim family, and I’m scared as to what my potential husband will think about my tattoos and my American lifestyle.
34. I’m terrified to tell my parents I don’t want to have an arranged marriage.
35. I feel I may be a lesbian. But if I stay here I won’t be able to even find out because I would be forced to be happy in an arranged marriage.
36. I have an arranged marriage, my parents will disown me if I don’t marry her, but I don’t want to marry her. What am I to do?
37. I’ve been in my arranged marriage for two years now. I don’t love him in the romantic way, but we are good friends and I have a profound respect for him. I just hope that we do eventually find the love we were promised.
All of the above confessions have been taken from whisper.