Hotels are good to stay. You don’t have to worry about anything from food to cleaning clothes or rooms. Just ring the bell and the staffs are at your service. But there is much which happens inside a hotel. Weather it is a five star hotel or an average one, the hotel industry secrets are quite shocking.
If there is anyone in the hotel whom you can expect to know the deepest secrets of the hospitality industry are the hotel staff workers.
Here are some confessions by hotel workers which reveal the secrets of hotel industry:
1. I work at a hotel and a guest woke up with bug bites. I reported bed bugs a week ago.
2. I work at a hotel and if you request me a task that requires anything more than an inkling of work, I simply won’t do it.
3. I work at a hotel that doesn’t allow pets. Every time someone calls I refer them to a hotel 5 miles away and I honestly have no idea if they allow pets… but I sound professional.
4. I work as a hotel cleaner, but I lie and tell my parents I am head of reception, as I know they wouldn’t be proud of me otherwise.
5. I work at a hotel and deliberately keep the temperature in the lobby freezing to discourage stupid people from hanging around.
6. I work at a hotel. Yes, I can hear you having sex.
7. I work at a hotel. The blankets only get washed once a year.
8. I’m a maid at a hotel and sometimes when I’m lazy, I reuse the sheets on the bed and make then look nice… I always feel bad for the next people.
9. I work at a hotel. Sometimes we have to move people into different room types. I want to tell people to get over it or find somewhere else to stay.
10. I work at a hotel and I hate when I ask “how can I help you” and they respond “smith” *throws down credit card* I don’t care who you think you are that shit is rude.
11. I work at a hotel and it always amazed me how childish guests can be when you tell them “No”.
12. Working at a hotel has taught me only one thing: that you have to always show up half drunk because you’re dealing with people who have big wallets and small minds.
13. I work at a hotel and I honestly hate people who try to negotiate room prices! If you don’t like the price, look somewhere else!
14. Working at a hotel, it’s crazy how many marries people on business trips with coworkers have sex together when traveling and their spouse have idea. It happens a lot more often than you think.
15. I work at a hotel and sometimes work room service. We never bring or buy lunch, because we pick off of the plates before they go up.
16. I work at a hotel. I don’t understand how some people can be so rude and arrogant while on vacation. Please don’t yell at me. I’m human too.
17. I work at a hotel, whenever someone comes in who can’t afford a room, I give it to them for free.
18. I work at a hotel and when guests annoy me I deactivate their key card just for the inconvenience.
19. I work at a hotel. If you’re cool at check in, I’ll hook up (room upgrade, drinks, free breakfast) but if you’re mean, you’re getting a room by the elevator with no view.
20. I work at a hotel and sometimes when people call to make a reservation I tell them we are booked up because I’m too lazy to make the reservation for them.
21. I work at a hotel as a part time job. I steal things from the hotel and my boss came in and said “you do that too?”
22. I’m a housekeeper. You don’t know awkward until you walk into a couple having sex and they invite you.
23. I’m a housekeeper at a hotel and I never change the sheets if they look clean.
All of the above confessions have been taken from whisper.