You didn’t just cheat on me; you cheated on us. You didn’t just break my heart; you broke our future.
Every relationship has its ups and down and no couples comes belong to a perfect relationship. Cheating on your partner is quite common these days. People cheat on their partner several reasons. While some people choose to remove them from their life while others choose to stay with them.
Here are some confessions by the people who share their part of story, why they stayed with their cheating partners instead of dumping them:
1. Because we have two kids together and I don’t believe one person should have to sleep with one person for the rest of their life. If he’d of told or asked I would of said okay.
2. Love is complicated. Humans are flawed. The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it. Love forgives this. Life goes on.
3. Because I believe in love, loyalty, magic, and miracles. People always let you down. Goodness is bigger than they are.
4. He’s the love of my life, and I believe him when he says he’s sorry, he has changed so much and has proved to me that it was a mistake.
5. Because I’ve cheated too and I know it almost never has something to do with a deficiency in the relationship. Usually a flaw of the person. And I have that flaw too.
6. I felt it was what was best for me and we tried to see what made her cheat, we decided on an open relationship now we’ve never been happier communication is key.
7. Mostly cause I became so attached that now I can’t see my life without her…still messed me up though.
8. We were married and had a kid. We owed it to her to at least try and save it. That was 5 years ago (and a lot of counseling) and we’re better than ever! It was a lot of work, though.
9. I thought I deserved it/didn’t deserve any better.
10. Because I was an idiot in love. Worst decision I made.
11. Was made to believe I couldn’t find anyone better, that he truly loved me and that I couldn’t make it on my own.
12. We separated for 5 months and I cried almost every night. We talked it over to figure out everything that went wrong and tried again. We’re still together now and I don’t regret my decision.
13. Money. I wasn’t financially stable at the time. After I got my life back on track I left him and paid him back.
14. Life and relationship are messy and complicated. This has forced us to face our demons and grow together. Our marriage has never been stronger since he came clean. I don’t regret staying.
15. Because I stood by my vows even though he broke his.
16. I stayed with her because she was the only one who accepted me for who I am, and I don’t think I can do better. It still hurts that she cheated.
All of the above confessions have been taken from whisper.